Add Reply Start New Topic Start a Poll

What is your favorite anime?
Beardforever
 Posted: Jul 12 2014, 01:47 AM

Members

User: #9

So.. iv been watching anime for 16 years but just lately stopped to think about the genre of favorite animes iv seen in past. I like alot of Ecchi, Harem and Action. So my favorite anime at the moment is One Piece, Medaka Box, Sword Art Online and Bleach. You can decide is this Kawaii or not, or just type your favorite anime and discuss about it..

Kawaii or not? tongue.gif

NOTICE ME SENPAI! rolleyes.gif
KingAtticus
 Posted: Jul 12 2014, 05:09 PM

The Great Patrician

Admin

User: #7

I'm pretty partial to comedies and slice-of-life stuff with the occasional serious show. I have all of The Slayers, Azumanga Daioh, Cromartie High, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Outlaw Star, FLCL, and Welcome to the NHK to name a few.

Can't say I really enjoyed Sword Art Online since I feel like .hack//Sign had a better handle on how to make a show that takes place in a virtual world. The premise just could have been handled better to me. Bleach lost me a long time ago. I still like One Piece though, and I'm currently watching it along with Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, and Blue Exorcist on Toonami. I'm hoping now that Kill La Kill is getting a dub that will be the next show that they get. But seriously, if you need to watch anything on Toonami then make sure it's Space Dandy. It's a comedy directed by the same guy behind Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo (both pretty great shows for different reasons) and is handled with just as much care.

I'm pretty behind in watching newer anime, but I've been hearing good things about Tokyo Ghoul.

*THIS SPACE FOR RENT*
Kinsmarck
 Posted: Jul 12 2014, 11:28 PM

High Emperor of the Empire, Grand Leader of the Legion

Admin

User: #2

As favorites go, I'll always have a soft spot for Trigun, even though, after watching it now, I realize it hasn't really aged well at all, and its budget wasn't really generous. On top of that, the anime concluded long before the manga was even close to finished, to the anime's ending is rushed and unsatisfying, to put it gently. Still, it was one of the first to really speak to me on a personal level rather than just entertain me, so despite its flaws, I'll always adore it.

On a more objective level, Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Panic! are some of my favorites. I heard it said at a convention quite a while back, but the statement has stuck with me; "Cowboy Bebop wasn't just one of the best anime of its era. It was one of the best shows of its time, and even since." The storytelling is superb, the animation is excellent, and to this day, it's got an atmosphere and aesthetic that, for me at least, no other series, animated or not, has even come close to recapturing. Also, I'm a sucker for Stephen Bloom's acting when he's really investing effort into a character, and my God did he throw his all into Spike.

Full Metal Panic! appeals to me for much the same reason that the Metal Gear Solid game series does; it's an intriguing near-future paramilitary drama that, despite its heavy subject matter, doesn't take itself overly seriously, and which delivers some of the most interesting and memorable characters of any anime in the genre, obvious and classical anime archetypes notwithstanding.

Honorable mentions for me also include Kino's Journey (thanks to Atty, as he introduced me to it), Elfen Lied, Samurai Seven, and Rurouni Kenshin. It's by no means an exhaustive list, but those are the titles that immediately jump to mind, though I suppose it is worth noting that the anime which first brought me to appreciate the genre overall was Tenchi Muyo. I haven't actually watched it since I was about 13, but I remember adoring it, even as some part of me realized that I probably wasn't necessarily the target audience. tongue.gif I didn't care though. I loved it, and like Trigun, it'll always enjoy a place of fondness in my memory.

Violita
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 01:50 AM

Grand Empress, Spymaster of the Imperial Legion

Admin

User: #1

Since both other Founders have put in their 2 cents, I suppose I will, as well!

I have several anime I feel attached to. Let's see... there's Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Panic! (thanks Mr. B!) and Hellsing. And Dragon Ball Z. DBZ was the first anime I ever watched, though I didn't realize that at the time, and it will always have a special place in my heart. Inuyasha is basically the same. It was the first anime I watched that I actually knew was an anime. I spent many hours after I was supposed to be in bed watching episodes of Inuyasha that had been recorded for me on VHS by a good friend. Ah... that was a long time ago.

Miss TARDIS didn't introduce me to YYH, but she definitely encouraged my interest in it. Similarly, Mr. Black was the one to get me to watch FMP! and it's more comedy oriented season, Fumoffu. I loved them immediately, and I've never stopped. The Second Raid (the second serious season of FMP!) is also incredibly good. I think I like it even better than the first season! happy.gif Hellsing is a fairly recent love. It was only about two years ago that I watched the entire original anime in a single sitting. I was bored and lonely (Mr. B being in a different city at the time), and I'd heard good things about it. I've never looked back. happy.gif

There are some other series that I enjoy, but these are the ones that mean the most to me, I suppose.
Mentheus
 Posted: Aug 2 2014, 06:40 AM

Advanced Member

Members

User: #16

So i wanna also give my Top-List here.

First of all i am not so much anymore into Anime since a few years duo to the lack of some real "Blockbusters"

I checked some Episodes of "Attack on Titan" and "Swordart Online" and they are pretty good but don't really come close to the older good stuff.

My Fav-List starts with Ghost in the Shell as one of the best Movies ever made. I watched the first movie about 7 times to fully understand it. All the hidden stuff is just nice to catch and completes the story even more.
As one of the first Anime i ever seen and still high up in my List Akira.

For Series i go with Last Exile, Elfenlied, first half of Death Note (no spoiler why only first half), Gantz and .hack.
Also watching a lot of other Stuff but those are the Tops on my List.

I recently just watched the latest Evangelion and have to say i didn't like it. I think they took to long between the Movies because there is no synergy and flow anymore.

Stuff like OnePiece, DBZ and other "cheap" massproduction is not my style of Anime.

user posted image
Gishfood
 Posted: Aug 11 2014, 06:08 PM

Members

User: #12

I don't really like a specific genre in all honesty but i do have a few faves

I adore the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series because of how over the top it is. It's a very long series and i think everyone should give it a shot

The madoka magica series also had an interesting take on "magical girls" because of its emphasis on hopelessness and inevitability in comparison to the usual themes of friendship and courage that usually accompany manga/anime of this genre.

although i haven't read berserk extensively i think it's amazingly written and the characters are faced with complex moral dilemmas that you don't see very often.

neon genesis evangelion is a classic and it has heavy religious undertones... it's kinda artsy fartsy but it was a huge step for anime at the time.

I HAVE to mention hunter x hunter! It's written by Yoshihiro Togashi the dude who made yu yu hakusho! This is honestly my favorite series in a long time. The characters are incredibly diverse and everyone feels "real". the 2011 anime adaptation is ongoing and i REALLY recommend it.

user posted image
that1guyjosh
 Posted: Jan 23 2015, 10:09 PM

Members

User: #23

I am SO STOKED that there is an anime thread here!

I definitely fall in line with Gish's choices...JoJo's, Modoka Magica, NGE? Yes, yes, yes!

A few to add to the list:
-SAO
-Fate series (Fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night:Unlimited Blade Works are AMAZING)
-Date-A-Live
-Is This a Zombie?
-The Pet Girl of Saskura Hall (probably my favorite anime of all time)
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Anime Discussion | Next Newest »

View Topic Options Add Reply Start New Topic Start a Poll

Change Skin  |  Mark Board Read  |  Delete Cookies